In January 2022, AIGA National will switch to a new membership model with levels based on your current career path. AIGA National researched this plan and will roll it out to all members in early 2022. We’re excited to tell you how the new model offers a simplified, streamlined membership experience.
What are the new member categories & yearly dues?
- Student ($50): A full-time K-12 student, or any full-time college/university undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a two- or four-year program in design, visual communications, or related field of study. Student members under the age of 18 are not eligible to vote or to serve as a member of the Board of Directors.
- Emerging ($150): A new design practitioner who is one to four years past graduation OR any new practitioner with less than a total of four years experience in the profession. Members only qualify for this category for a maximum of four years.
- Educator ($200): A full-time educator in design or a related field of study in a K-12 school, college, or university.
- Professional ($250): A design or related industry professional with five or more years in practice.
- Leader ($500): A professional designer, industry-adjacent leader, arts supporter, or firm owner who opts to make a greater investment in AIGA and the future of the profession.
There are also new rates for group memberships.
Members at every level will receive the same benefits.
Why are we moving to this new membership model?
The AIGA National Board of Directors researched, vetted, and approved the new membership model. They believe it best supports AIGA’s goals and longevity.
- Simplify the structure to be more aligned with design career lifecycles, and how our members see themselves within our community
- Position AIGA to better fulfill its mission
- Clarify and communicate the value of membership
- Increase potential of economic value-add to chapters
- Better equip us to create more value for all AIGA members
What if I have questions?
Not a member? Join today!