About & Mission
We are AIGA DC
AIGA DC started in 1984 as a craft and design club of 79 members. Today, it includes more than 800 registered members, and hundreds of other designers in the community who are a part of our programs and events.
We are run by an all-volunteer Board of Directors who work to provide opportunities for designers to grow, whether they need mentorship, seek inspiration from other designers, or want to expand their practice in new directions.
Get involved with AIGA DC
AIGA DC Mission
AIGA DC is dedicated to developing and supporting an inclusive local design community.
Our all-volunteer Board of Directors creates content, programs, and initiatives that highlight the breadth of what design is, and the people who practice it.
Through this we create spaces for designers at every stage of their professional development to connect with each other and learn and grow together.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility
The principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility are at the core of our work as a chapter.
We live those principles through our board, our work, and our commitments to our community.
- We create programming and other opportunities that reflect the diversity of design as a practice, and the many people who design
- We ensure that our work is accessible to the widest possible audience
- We seek to create a Board of Directors that is diverse across who we are as individuals as well as in the ways we practice design
We commit to our community to:
- Be transparent about our goals and if we’re achieving them
- Use our platforms and resources to support partners who align with our principles, including a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Provide avenues for feedback from our community both on how are doing, and how we can better serve you