Is your nonprofit under-funded and in need of marketing materials to help you achieve your mission and make a bigger impact? Apply for CreateAthon and you could be selected to receive strategic marketing absolutely free.
CreateAthon is a 24-hour event where local creative professionals from top agencies and in house departments volunteer their skills to help you succeed.
In the weeks leading up to the 24-hour event, the volunteers will work with you to determine your specific needs and goals. Then on April 27, they will join forces for 24 hours to brainstorm and design your much-needed marketing materials. Nonprofit leaders or staff need to be available via phone or email during the 24 hours, and then attend the final presentation on April 28.
Don’t miss this opportunity to take your non-profit’s impact to the next level! APPLY TODAY!
Nonprofit Application Deadline: March 1, 2019, 11:59pm
Examples of marketing projects we’re able to support:
- Branding Identity
- Fundraising campaigns
- Awareness campaigns
- Promotional collateral
- Social media campaigns
- Web design and development
- General marketing and strategy
See examples of projects from prior years.
How It Works
- Nonprofits apply through March 1, 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed and five organizations will be selected in mid-March 2019.
- Creative volunteers apply to participate.
- Selected volunteers are assembled to work on specific projects based on their skillset.
- All participating nonprofits and volunteers attend a kickoff meeting in early April 2019.
- CreateAthon DC begins! The 24-hour event will take place on April 27–28, 2019. Nonprofits review their projects at the end of 24 hours during a presentation on April 28
- Nonprofits have one day to provide feedback, request changes or approve.
- Volunteers have one day to make changes and deliver final files to the nonprofit.
Nonprofits must meet the following criteria:
- Have little to no budget for marketing.
- Have no working relationship or contract work with a creative agency.
- Are able to provide support via phone or email during the 24-hour event (Saturday and Sunday, April 27– 28, 2019. (Times and location are forthcoming.)
- Possess strong executive leadership, board and management.
- Have a strategic plan or vision.
- Are stable and have a clear mission that delivers results and has an impact.
- Are located in the DMV area and whose mission is focused on the DMV.
- Have 501(c)(3) status.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQs
Help us disrupt the uphill battle that small and underfunded nonprofits face when it comes to strategic marketing and design. We’re looking for partners at the forefront of marketing, design and communications to make CreateAthon a success! Interested in sponsoring AIGA DC CreateAthon 2019? Contact Leon Lawrence III at email@example.com and together let’s empower community-focused design for good!
CreateAthon began as a single program developed by one ad agency for ad agencies, using a 24-hour creative blitz to provide local nonprofits with advertising and marketing solutions. Over 17 years, it has grown exponentially to include not just ad professionals but also students, corporations and creative organizations interested in using their skills and talents to create social change in their communities. Visit http://createathon.org/ for more info.