There’s a lot you can do with 24 Hours. For instance, you could read “The Hobbit” from cover-to-cover, or you could join us for CreateAthon® 2019.
The deadline has been extended for content strategist!
Createathon is a 24-hour event during which creative professionals come together to provide pro bono services to nonprofits who make a real impact in people’s lives.
Some projects from past years:
- Thrive DC 40th-anniversary brand campaign
- Veterans on the Rise marketing campaign
- STABLE website
- Community Advocates for Family and Youth marketing campaign
- All About Caring Project logo and rebranding campaign
- Only Make Believe promo/marketing materials
Take a look at past projects!
Nonprofits for 2019 will be announced in mid-March
How It Works
Nonprofits apply, applications are reviewed and a select few are chosen.
- Content strategist volunteers apply by March 22, 11:59 p.m.
- Volunteers will be chosen based on the projects and needed skill sets.
- Selected volunteers will be notified the week of March 25.
- All participating nonprofits and volunteers attend a kickoff meeting on April 5.
- CreateAthon DC begins!
- The 24-hour event will take place on Saturday, April 27 – Sunday, April 28, 2019. (Exact times TBD)
- Nonprofits review their projects at a presentation at the end of the event.
- Nonprofits have one day to provide feedback, request changes or approve.
- Volunteers have one day to make changes and deliver final files to the nonprofit.
Have more questions? Email Elyse Kamibayashi at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CreateAthon began as a single program developed by one ad agency for ad agencies, using a 24-hour creative blitz to provide local nonprofits with advertising and marketing solutions. Over 17 years, it has grown exponentially to include not just ad professionals but also students, corporations and creative organizations interested in using their skills and talents to create social change in their communities. Visit http://createathon.org/for more info.