Each year, the AIGA DC Design Continuum Fund awards scholarships to underrepresented students pursuing art and design careers at colleges and universities in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Awards range from $500 – $2500.
Applications for the 2022-23 year are now open. Apply by April 13, 2022!
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or possess a green card (formally known as a Permanent Resident Card or Form I-551).
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a design or art discipline and intend to pursue that discipline as a career.
- Applicants must be matriculated (or planning to matriculate) at accredited colleges and universities in Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia for the Fall 2022 / Spring 2023 academic year and must maintain full-time status for the entire year.
- Incoming students who have yet to enroll must submit proof of acceptance from schools of choice.
- Though not required, minority status is a significant factor considered in jury decisions.
- Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Scholarships are only awarded to students who can demonstrate financial need. Applicants must, therefore, provide complete financial aid information on the scholarship form and have the form signed by a financial aid officer.
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST, April 13, 2022.
How to Apply
We share an application with the AIGA Worldstudio Scholarships. By filling out the application, you may be considered for both the Worldstudio and Design Continuum Fund scholarships.
To apply, visit the AIGA Worldstudio scholarship application portal.