Did you know that every single person is creative? Creativity is a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it gets. The FUNdamentals of Creativity will describe the four stages of the creative process to help uncover your creative preferences, as well as creative theory such as ‘the third-third’ and the Creative Heartbeat. We will also explore techniques to enhance your own creativity and the creativity of those around you. Learn how to design, structure, and facilitate creative sessions to work out your team's creative muscles for maximum innovative results.
This event will be streamed via Zoom:
- In order to participate fully, plan to join on the Zoom app via a computer, tablet, or mobile device with enough bandwidth to support viewing video.
- Only those whose display name fully matches the name on our registration list will be admitted from the waiting room, in order to ensure only those who have registered for the event are able to attend — and to create space for intimate conversations.
- This event will not be recorded and shared after the event has passed to protect the intimacy and privacy required for the event.
- Questions for the speaker can be asked live during the event through the chat or by speaking off mute during the Q&A portion of the event.
You can find more about joining our virtual events, including how to connect, directions to troubleshoot, and information about our refund policy, in our FAQs.
- This event will have real time CART (live captioning) services and transcriptions provided by Verbit.
- A sign language interpreter will not be present unless requested. If requested, we will do our best to employ a sign language interpreter for the event.
If you need any additional accommodations, please contact us using a method that works best for you:
We honor your privacy. No identifying information like your name is required to request an accommodation, and all details will be deleted once completed.
You can learn more about how we’re making DC Design Week an accessible experience by visiting our accessibility statement.
Code of Conduct
All AIGA DC events adhere to our Code of Conduct.
About DC Design Week
Built and run by 100% volunteer power, DC Design Week is an annual celebration of our community — hosted by AIGA DC. Ten percent of all revenue from DCDW events and all profit this year go toward the Design Continuum Fund (DCF) scholarship fund. We believe in fostering the next generation of designers by helping local, design-minded and underrepresented students as they pursue their education. Interested in becoming a member? To gain early access to our most exclusive events and year-long discounts, sign up to become a member today!