Resilience is something of which to be proud, but let’s be real — it isn’t easy and can be exhausting. Certified Life Coach and Meditation/Movement Artist Lauren DeVera will lead us through reflective questioning, transformational journaling, and interactive activities to help us take up space with confidence, all while protecting our peace!
How we take care of our mind and body deeply impacts our ability to create. When we slow down long enough and create space for introspection, we’re better equipped to show up fully and with more ease and confidence.
- living out our values
- setting boundaries without guilt
- learning to listen to our higher self.
We’re going to get serious but it’ll be in a cozy and safe space.
Every creative deserves to express themselves unapologetically — so will you join us?
This event will be streamed via Zoom:
You can find more about joining our virtual events, including how to connect, directions to troubleshoot, and information about our refund policy in our FAQ.
How to prepare
- Make sure you’re in a cozy, safe space for the event.
- Have a notebook and pen handy.
Accessibility and accommodations
- This event will have real time CART (live captioning) services and transcriptions provided by Verbit.
- A sign language interpreter will not be present unless requested. If requested, we will do our best to employ a sign language interpreter for the event.
- You can ask the speaker questions ahead of time (Google form) which may be answered during the event
If you need any additional accommodations, please contact us using a method that works best for you:
We honor your privacy. No identifying information like your name is required to request an accommodation, and all details will be deleted once completed.
You can learn more about how we’re making DC Design Week an accessible experience by visiting our accessibility statement.
Code of conduct
All AIGA DC events adhere to our Code of Conduct.
About DC Design Week
Built and run by 100% volunteer power, DC Design Week is an annual celebration of our community — hosted by AIGA DC. Ten percent of all revenue from DCDW events and all profit this year go toward the Design Continuum Fund (DCF) scholarship fund. We believe in fostering the next generation of designers by helping local, design-minded and underrepresented students as they pursue their education. Interested in becoming a member? To gain early access to our most exclusive events and year-long discounts, sign up to become a member today!