We’re so excited to be bringing back the in-person Pop-Up Shop. This year, we’ll be holding an epic block party at the Brookland Arts Walk with our event partner, Terratorie Maps + Goods. Shop handmade goods from local DMV makers, visit the Arts Walk studios, craft your own print with Globe Collection and Press at MICA, and hang with fellow creatives.
In-Person Safety Guidelines
Capacity restrictions for in-person events will be officially decided about two weeks out from DCDW and posted on the specific event pages in order to follow the latest CDC guidance.
What COVID precautions are being taken for this event?
We are encouraging those not drinking or eating to wear a mask on the Arts Walk.
COVID-19 is rapidly changing: What happens if in-person events need to be cancelled?
When possible, in-person events will be moved to Zoom and a refund should not be expected. If an event is canceled in its entirety a refund will be issued. In either scenario you will be notified immediately.
- A sign language interpreter will not be present unless requested. If requested, we will do our best to employ a sign language interpreter for the event.
- The venue is ADA accessible. The Brookland Arts Walk is a dedicated pedestrian zone with a flat and wide walkway.
- Brookland-CUA metro stop on the red line opens to the Arts Walk.
- Bike racks are available in the area. Street parking is also available along Monroe Street.
- Accessible, indoor bathrooms are available on the ground floor of the Arts Walk via a ramp. There are two private, single-stall bathrooms.
If you need any additional accommodations, please contact us using a method that works best for you:
We honor your privacy. No identifying information like your name is required to request an accommodation, and all details will be deleted once completed.
You can learn more about how we’re making DC Design Week an accessible experience by visiting our accessibility statement.
Code of Conduct
All AIGA DC events adhere to our Code of Conduct.
About DC Design Week
Built and run by 100% volunteer power, DC Design Week is an annual celebration of our community — hosted by AIGA DC. Ten percent of all revenue from DCDW events and all profit this year go toward the Design Continuum Fund (DCF) scholarship fund. We believe in fostering the next generation of designers by helping local, design-minded and underrepresented students as they pursue their education. Interested in becoming a member? To gain early access to our most exclusive events and year-long discounts, sign up to become a member today!