What guides you to create your best work or a better life?
At Project Design Co, we asked ourselves this question and dove into a month-long team retreat to find our core values. What was what we call our Pillars of Design, a set of six words that flow through all our work. They guide us when we face a blank screen, a new proposal, a crushing deadline, ourselves and each other.
Whether in your work or personal life, you can benefit from establishing clearer signs to point the way. This workshop will guide you through a condensed journey to establish or hone your own set of pillars that resonate with you. We’ll help you identify, develop & incorporate your own keywords to drive you to success in all you do.
In this workshop, you'll:
- Start building a foundation based on passion, drive, curiosity, experience, and goals.
- Identify times you made a big change, what made it successful, and learn how you can apply this knowledge.
- Identify your "why's" of what you do.
- Learn about the importance of word choice and intent.
- Gain insights to your core values.
- Brainstorm and review your ideas in small breakout groups.
- Walk away with a set of pillars that you can take back to your team or start implementing now.
This workshop is for any designer (freelance or part of a team), manager, or leader who is looking to strengthen their own brand, gain focus, and connect with purpose.
This event was put together in partnership with Project Design Co.
This event will be streamed via Zoom:
- In order to participate fully, plan to join on the Zoom app via a computer, tablet, or mobile device with enough bandwidth to support viewing video.
- Only those whose display name fully matches the name on our registration list will be admitted from the waiting room, in order to ensure only those who have registered for the event are able to attend — and to create space for intimate conversations.
- Zoom’s breakout room technology will be used for this event. If you use assistive technology, such as a screen reader or need live captioning, let us know before or during the event and you can opt to stay in the primary room. The primary room will retain live captioning and will require no additional navigation.
- Questions for the speaker can be asked live during the event through the chat or by speaking off mute during the Q&A portion of the event.
You can find more about joining our virtual events, including how to connect, directions to troubleshoot, and information about our refund policy, in our FAQs.
How to Prepare
- Have paper and pen/pencil on hand.
- Markers or colored pencils could be handy but not required.
- This event will have real time CART (live captioning) services and transcriptions provided by Verbit.
- A sign language interpreter will not be present unless requested. If requested, we will do our best to employ a sign language interpreter for the event.
If you need any additional accommodations, please contact us using a method that works best for you:
We honor your privacy. No identifying information like your name is required to request an accommodation, and all details will be deleted once completed.
You can learn more about how we’re making DC Design Week an accessible experience by visiting our accessibility statement.
Code of Conduct
All AIGA DC events adhere to our Code of Conduct.
About DC Design Week
Built and run by 100% volunteer power, DC Design Week is an annual celebration of our community — hosted by AIGA DC. Ten percent of all revenue from DCDW events and all profit this year go toward the Design Continuum Fund (DCF) scholarship fund. We believe in fostering the next generation of designers by helping local, design-minded and underrepresented students as they pursue their education. Interested in becoming a member? To gain early access to our most exclusive events and year-long discounts, sign up to become a member today!