Breathe your way through blocks and resistance into your creative flow! This session will open with a calming breathing exercise, followed by writing/journaling. The centerpiece of the session is transformational breathwork, which both heals us and enhances our creativity. Once we are in a relaxed, open state, a guided meditation will stimulate our creative energy. We will then have time to focus that energy on a personal project.
Participants are encouraged to leverage the momentum to pursue further their project following the session; you will be able to recreate most of these exercises to support your own creative practice.
This session will be led by Jenn Koiter, a creativity coach and breathwork guide who believes that the world is better when more artists make more art — both for the artists themselves and for everyone else.
How to prepare
- Make sure you’re in a cozy, safe space for the event. You will have the option to lie down or remain seated.
- Have a notebook and pen handy.
- We recommend not eating within 2 hours of the workshop for maximum comfort during the session.
This event will be streamed via Zoom:
- In order to participate fully, plan to join via the Zoom app on a computer, tablet, or mobile device with enough bandwidth to support viewing video.
- Only those whose display name fully matches the name on our registration list will be admitted from the waiting room, to ensure only those who have registered for the event are able to attend — and to create space for intimate conversations.
- This event will be recorded unless technical issues occur. The recordings will be shared in the AIGA DC recordings archive for AIGA members to rewatch or catch up on at a later date. If you’re not an AIGA Member, you can register for a membership on the AIGA Membership website.
- Questions for the speaker can be asked live during the event through the chat.
You can find more about joining our virtual events, including how to connect, directions to troubleshoot, and information about our refund policy in our FAQ.
Accessibility and accommodations
- This event will have real time CART (live captioning) services and transcriptions provided by Verbit.
- A sign language interpreter will not be present unless requested. If requested, we will do our best to employ a sign language interpreter for the event.
If you need any additional accommodations, please contact us using a method that works best for you:
We honor your privacy. No identifying information like your name is required to request an accommodation, and all details will be deleted once completed.
Code of conduct
All AIGA DC events adhere to our Code of Conduct.