Calling all illustrators! We’re looking for 10 illustrators to help DC children see their words come to life. Join local nonprofit 826DC this Fall to support the creative writing skills of children in grades one through four.
While the children work on their stories with the teacher, you will be responsible for listening in on the children’s process, taking notes and asking questions. The information you gather will inform the three final black-and-white illustrations you create. The children’s stories and your illustrations will be combined into one book, which will be printed and bound.
This project will take place throughout November and December, but you only need to sign up for one day. We need one illustrator per time slot. See schedule below.
Want to participate during multiple times? Awesome! We’d love to have you sign up for as many time slots as possible.
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Friday, Nov. 17, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Wednesday, Nov. 22, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Wednesday, Dec. 6, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Friday, Dec. 8, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Wednesday, Dec. 13, 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Friday, Dec. 15, 10:00 a.m.–noon
Sign up HERE
826DC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6 – 18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write. They also manage a storefront called Tivoli’s Astounding Magic Supply Company, the District’s only “illusionarium and de-lux haberdashery” — everything a budding magician needs to embark on a path to mastery.
Email Rebecca Perez at email@example.com