Join AIGA DC’s first-ever CreateAthon on March 24–25, 2017! This 24-hour creative marathon brings together local creative professionals to produce marketing materials for local nonprofits—pro bono.
Now we are looking for creative professionals (and students) to work on the selected projects below. Bring your talents and passion to do good, and AIGA DC will provide you with an opportunity to practice your skills for the benefit of local nonprofits; a chance to co-create with like-minded creative; and PLENTY of food, snacks, and beverages throughout the 24-hour period.
- graphic design
- art direction
- creative direction
- web design
- project management
Nonprofits and projects:
The following nonprofits and projects have been selected to participate in CreateAthon:
- Serve Your City: creates essential learning opportunities for underserved DC youth in Wards 6, 7 and 8
Project: Website redesign and content refresh
- Arlington Free Clinic: provides free and high-quality medical care to low-income, uninsured Arlington County adults
Project: Fundraiser marketing materials — logo, social media and signage
- Education Theater Company: unlocks the potential of children and adults through immersion in the arts
Project: 20th-anniversary campaign
- GTLD Network: an organization of parents of GTLD (gifted, talented, learning disabled) students, and their educators and clinicians.
Project: logo and website redesign
- Reading Partners: helps children become lifelong readers by empowering community volunteers to provide individualized instruction
Project: volunteer recruitment materials
How it will work:
- Interested in participating? Fill out this form by February 24th with your information, skill set, and the project(s) you want to work on
- AIGA DC will review your work and experience and match you to the appropriate project and role (art director, designer, etc.)
- You must bring your own laptop or whatever equipment/supplies you need to work
- The assigned creative director will draft a creative brief for the project and meet with the nonprofit to review and get approval
- All participating nonprofits and creatives will meet for a kickoff event on March 6, 2017
- CreateAthon will take place from March 24th, in the evening, to March 25th in the evening. All creatives will come together to work as a team during this time.
- Nonprofits will arrive on March 25th to review the designed projects. Everyone gets to go home after this!
- Nonprofits will get 24 hours to ask for final changes.
- If changes are requested, creatives have another 24 hours to complete them and submit final files for production/usage.
Have a question? Email Rebecca Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org
A big thank-you to our sponsors!
CreateAthon would not be possible without the support of these fine people:
Presenting sponsor: Impact Hub
Feast and Fare sponsors: NJI Media and FamousDC
CreateAthon sponsorship opportunities
If you are committed to giving back to the local community, then this could be your chance to be part of a great event. Email Rebecca Perez at email@example.com to learn more about how you can help make CreateAthon a success.